Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Secret to Getting Toned Muscles... And No, It Doesn't Involve 5 Pound Weights

You've probably heard over and over again that lifting heavier weights at lower reps is for bulking up and building mass, whereas lighter weights at higher reps will cut the fat.  It just isn't true.  I have been lifting weights for over 10 years and have always lifted relatively challenging weights at lower sets.  I'm not a bulky guy, in fact – I'm very toned.

 

No, I don't do a ton of cardio.  I don't take a ton of supplements, except for daily protein shakes.  And, I don't eat like a horse!

 

My secret is lifting higher weights with fewer repetitions.  It has been scientifically proven that this method burns more calories and boosts metabolism.  The only way you will only bulk up on this method is if you also consume higher than average amounts of calories as well.  That means more than the recommended 2000 calories per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment