Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In Home Non-Medical Care Provider Receives Crystal Award

In home non-medical care can be provided by any number of people, but when it is provided by one of your peers, it is truly rewarding, for both the provider and the recipient.  On December 19th, Renate Scott became the second recipient of the annual Crystal Employee of the Year award, presented by Judy Fobes, the owner of Seniors Helping Seniors of Northern Chester County.  Renate may be retired, but she is rarely found sitting at home.  She keeps herself in great physical condition by walking regularly with the Chester County Hiking Club, and spends a lot of time with her family being the perfect grandmother.  Plus, she works part-time for Seniors Helping Seniors.  

Senior Helping Seniors is a dynamic organization that employs active senior citizens to provide in home non-medical care to other seniors looking for help and companionship, such as light housekeeping, meal preparation, transportation, and shopping.  Renate joined Seniors Helping Seniors after reading an article in the paper. "I have worked before in both a hospital and a nursing home. I thoroughly enjoy being with elderly people," she said. "It's a quiet, pleasant environment and the companionship is mutually rewarding. I always learn something new!"  

Every year, Judy Fobes selects one provider of in home non-medical care to receive the Crystal Employee of the Year award. "The award is given to recognize people who have made outstanding achievements. They are kind, loving, caring, compassionate human beings who go above and beyond their duties. They do so not because it's their job, but because they want to. This year, I was proud to give the award to Renate Scott. I am so grateful to have her as a provider at Seniors Helping Seniors." The award, along with a commemorative Swarovski crystal ornament and a check, was presented to Renate at an in-house ceremony.

Melody Nay Schaff explains what it meant to have Renate provide in home non-medical care for her elderly mother (now deceased): "Renate is a caring, compassionate, vibrant woman. She came twice a week to care for my mom. She made my mom smile and laugh while they shared stories and worked on projects, such as organizing all my mom's recipes. I never had a doubt when I returned home from work that she had respectfully cared for my mom's physical needs. Due to Renate's caring nature, my mom and I thought of her more as a dear friend than a paid provider. Both my mom and I felt blessed to know Renate and so grateful to Judy and Seniors Helping Seniors for all their support."For more information on how to provide or receive in home non-medical care through Seniors Helping Seniors®, contact Judy Fobes at 610-590-4888.

No comments:

Post a Comment